Thursday, May 24, 2007

Top 5

I have never made a top 5 favorite songs list. When ever I was asked, I shrugged and said "that's a tough one. I'll have to get back to you." I was afraid of the utter finality of such a list. Also, the songs I play in heavy rotation change every few weeks. Because of that, it seemed like the list would be so ephemeral, it would morph within two weeks! The thing I didn't quite get, is that it's your top 5 favorites of all time. It doesn't have to be songs you rock every day. Here comes my list:


5.) When You Come Back Down, Nickel Creek
4.) Buddy Holly, weezer
3.) Misunderstood, Wilco
2.) God Only Knows, The Beach Boys
1.) Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing, The BYU Combined Choirs and Philharmonic Orchestra



(If you're wondering if I may have had a few existential struggles as of late, the answer is "yes.")

(And no, I don't think too much. I think too much, too late. There's a difference.)

1 comment:

Jeremy Dean said...

Good job Wes...keep writing...